3 Winter Health Myths Busted
When it comes to finding the correct winter health advice, it seems like everyone has a different opinion on what's true and what isn't. At Hot Headz, we're the experts on keeping America warm during this cold winter.
We know that many are falling for these three common winter health myths. We've "busted" some of the biggest misunderstandings you might have about how to stay safe in the cold. Read on to learn the truth about staying warm this winter.
- Myth: You shouldn't exercise when it's cold out. According to a 2006 paper by the American College of Sports Medicine, found that "for the most part, cold weather is not a barrier to performing physical activity." This means that there's no danger in continuing a training regime when the temperature drops. However, you need to keep warm when you're outside, as cold causes muscles to uncomfortably contract. Hot Headz recommends the PolarEx fleece hood for a warmer workout, and you can even buy a heating pad for a sore back online from Hot Headz to warm up post-workout.
- Myth: Alcohol warms you up. The initial flush of warmth you may feel after having a cocktail or glass of wine on a cold, blustery day is due to a rush of blood to the surface of your skin. However, the effect will not last, and alcohol actually hampers your body's ability to warm up due to decreasing your core temperature, leaving you colder than before. Hot Headz recommends warming up with a hot cup of herbal tea coupled with a night in with one of our aromatherapy heating wraps for sale online.
- Myth: You don't need sunscreen in the winter. Even if the sun's rays aren't making things warmer, the invisible and harmful UV light that damages your skin can penetrate through the clouds. In fact, snow can reflect UV rays, causing more long-term aging effects. Protect yourself by wearing SPF of at least 30 when going outdoors, and bundle up with protective glomitts and ball cap ear warmers from Hot Headz for maximum safety.
Stay safe out there this winter! Don't forget to keep yourself wrapped up in heat-retaining products from Hot Headz to prevent winter illness.
3 PolarEx Products from Hot Headz That Will Help You This Winter
At Hot Headz, we carry the products that you need to stay at a comfortable temperature all year round. No matter if you're looking for a heating pad to soothe sore muscles or you're searching for the comfort of aromatherapy heating wraps for sale online, Hot Headz has a line of products for you.
If you're the type of person who can't stand it when the temperatures begin to drop into the freezing range, Hot Headz has you covered with insulation-based fleece from PolarEX. No matter if you're looking to do some wintertime adventuring or if you just need a little help staying warm at home, fleece products from PolarEX can help you withstand the cold this year. Here are three particular products that will help you this winter.
- PolarEX advanced winter performance socks. Whether you're training for an upcoming race through the winter season or work in a profession that requires you to be outside, the right pair of socks can make all the difference when it comes to comfort and toe health. Winter performance socks from Hot Headz are unisex, designed to fit under any sneaker or boot and prevent excessive sweating, making winter work much more bearable.
- Cozy PolarEX 6-in-1 fleece hood. The PolarEX 6-in-1 fleece hood has been specially designed for those who live the most active outdoor winter lifestyles. Created with polar fleece to help protect your neck, face and lips from frostbite and wind damage, the PolarEX offers a comfortable fit and soft, reversible material to protect you from even the harshest and most biting snowstorms.
- The Slumber Wrap. If cold temperatures are seriously starting to cut into your sleep schedule, the Slumber Wrap is right for you. Made from top-quality insulation fleece, the Slumber Wrap buttons up to create a cocoon that's perfect for keeping you warm at home this winter!
Now is the perfect time to stock up on great PolarEX products that will help you survive the winter. From quality customer service to fast shipping, those who are looking to grab a few fleece accessories or buy a heating pad for a sore back online will love our products. Contact us today to learn more!
3 Product Lines from Hot Headz That Will Help You Survive the Winter Cold
Has it been getting a little more chilly lately? If you're beginning to feel the cool breezes of fall, we at Hot Headz have got you covered!
If you're the type of person who doesn't let the dropping temperature slow you down, check out three product lines available right now from Hot Headz that'll improve your fall and winter season this year.
- PolarEX Winter Fleece. If you need serious protection from the cold this winter, there's no better choice that PolarEX. The PolarEX winter fleece collection provides high-performance protection from the elements without weighing you down. In particular, their Extreme 2-in-1 Fleece Jacket provides the best available winter protection, and can keep wearers safe in temperatures as low as ten degrees! You can find the 2-in-1 Jacket and other accessories here.
- Nature's Approach. Our aromatherapy heating wraps for sale online can help you melt away stress and soothe muscle pain after a long day. Aromatherapy is the art of using spices, essential oils, and herbs to promote feelings of well-being, calm and serenity. Our aromatherapy herbal packs for sale online use the scents of lavender, peppermint, cinnamon and many other herbs to help you unwind. Take a look at Hot Headz full inventory of Nature's Way aromatherapy wraps and packs for sale here!
- Venture Heat Therapy Wraps. If you're an athlete or you work a physical job, you probably already know that heat is an excellent way to soothe tired or aching muscles. Venture Heat therapy wraps provide a quick and convenient way to find relief from sore muscles any time of day. The Venture Heat line uses special Far Infrared Rays (FIR) to deeply penetrate muscles as get to the root of pain and discomfort. From rotator cuff injuries to a frozen shoulder, there's a Venture Heat product to keep you on the move. View the entire collection here.
If you are interested in any of the products above, contact our friendly team at Hot Headz today!
Hot Headz Top 5 Essentials for Summer
If you’re looking to beat the heat this summer, Hot Headz has you covered! We specialize in carrying everything that you need to stay nice and cool during the hottest months of the year. If you’ve been feeling the stress of the summer season this year, be sure to check out these five essentials!
1)Cool DownzⓇ Icy Neck Wrap. Perfect for keeping the dog days of summer at bay, the Cool DownzⓇ Icy Neck Wrap is essential for maintaining your chill without the drippy, wet mess of most evaporating cooling bandanas!
2)The Smart Umbrella. Sick of getting caught in summer flash floods and having your umbrella wimp out on you and turn inside out? With the Smart Umbrella, getting stuck in the rain is a thing of the past. Simply turn the double ribbing towards the wind, and stay dry!
3)Cooling Lumbar Cushion. Even with the air conditioning on, it’s easy to feel sticky and uncomfortable on a long car ride. Make your summer road trip more enjoyable with the cooling lumbar cushion, while provides personalized cooling that can be adjusted to your specific needs.
4)Fire blanket. The most important thing to invest in during the hottest months of the year is safety! Having a reliable fire blanket on hand can help to prevent injuries from campfires, barbeques and blowouts in car engines. It can conveniently fold to fit inside any drawer, and it’s able to put out both liquid and grease fires!
5)Inflatable bar and buffet. Everyone loves a summer cookout, but it can be tough to make sure that the beer, soda and potato salad stays cool throughout the afternoon. With the inflatable bar and buffet, simply fill with ice, place your food and drinks in it and voila! Your menu will be kept chilled with no effort, and it can be deflated and stored away as soon as you’re done!
If you wish to learn more about our many essential products for summer, contact our friendly team at Hot Headz today!